Whatever stage you’re at, you’ll find everything you need to get started on this page.
Client Intake Form
Free 15 Minute Consultation
Speak to our legal team and find out your options, next steps and costs. Please note this is not a detailed consultation. If you need a document review or detailed legal advice, book our 60 minute Strategy Session.
same day service (subject to availability)
call 01274 727373 today
Your first consultation is when we discuss your case in detail. It’s an opportunity for you to share your concerns, ask any questions and provide important information and paperwork which we may need to prepare your case. It is not the same as your free 15 minute consultation. The following information can help you to prepare for the meeting:
The meeting can be held in person, by phone or video call - it's your choice.
Find any important paperwork before the meeting - for example, we will need a copy of your marriage certificate and the address of your husband or wife if you are filing for a divorce.
Write a list of your assets and liabilities - this will be needed for any divorce application or if you'd like us to prepare or update your will;
Following the meeting, we'll send you a summary of the call and ask you to complete our Client Care Letter. You will also be asked to provide proof of identity (see below). Again, our forms can be completed online, by post or in-person.
Proof Of Identity
The law requires solicitors to verify the identity of their clients. You will need to provide (or upload) at least ONE document from list A (to establish ID) and ONE document from list B (to establish address). If you are unable to access or provide these documents, please contact our office to discuss. Documents we will not accept include, but are not limited to, provisional driving licence, mobile phone bills, credit card statements.
List A - Proof of Identity
- Current Signed Passport
- Current UK or EEA photocard driving licence
- Residence Permit issued by the Home Office to EEA national on sight of own country passport
- Photographic registration cards for self-employed individuals in the construction industry – CIS4
- Firearms or Shotgun Certificate
- National Identity Card containing a photograph
- EEA member state identity card (which can also be used as evidence for address if it carries this)
List B - Proof of Address
- Utility bill (gas, electric, satellite television, landline phone bill) issued within the last three months
- Bank, Building Society or Credit Union statement or passbook dated within the last three months
- Local authority council tax bill for the current council tax year
- Original mortgage statement from a recognised lender issued for the last full year
- Current UK driving license (but only if not used for the same evidence)
- Solicitor’s letter confirming recent house purchase or land registry confirmation of address
- HMRC self-assessment letter or tax demand dated within the current financial year
- Electoral Register entry
- Local council or Housing Association rent card or Tenancy Agreement
- Benefit book or original notification letter from Benefits Agency (but not if used as proof of name)
- EEA member state identity card;
- House or motor insurance certificate
New Client Intake Form
With our fixed fee service, the price you pay is set in advance (that is the only charge you will pay regardless of the work involved). Our hourly rates are based on the experience of our legal team and in line with Government guidance.