Our complaints policy
SKB Law is committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong or you are unhappy about our service please tell us about it.
If you don’t tell us we won’t know how we can improve, by informing us of your concerns it will help us to positively develop our service standards.
Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaint, please write to Mrs Sarah Khan-Bashir who will deal with the matter as the sole owner of our firm.
What happens next?
1. We will first send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and may ask you to confirm or explain certain details of the complaint or if you haven’t provided any details we will ask for full details of the complaint. This letter will also confirm the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint and you also receive this document which you are currently reading so you are fully aware of the process. Please note you will receive this letter within 14 days from receiving the complaint.
2. We will then investigate your complaint fully to ensure we provide a fair and honest outcome. Once the investigation period has been completed we will write to you again setting out our views on the situation and any redress that we feel is appropriate. We aim to complete the investigation period and send you a letter within 28 days of receiving full details of the complaint from yourself. If there are any delays, we will inform you of this.
3. We will record your complaint in our central register.
4. If appropriate we will also arrange for you to meet Mrs Sarah Khan- Bashir in order to discuss the matter further and hopefully resolve your complaint.
5. If a meeting is set, within 14 days of the meeting taking place we will write to you to confirm what took place at the meeting and any suggestion that we have agreed with you on. If appropriate we could provide an apology, or any other redress such as a reduction of any bill or a repayment in relation to payment received.
What if you are still not satisfied?
SKB Law takes every complaint seriously and we will ensure we deal with your concerns in fair and appropriate manner.
However if at this stage if you are still not satisfied with the way we have dealt with your complaint please let us know so we can arrange to review our decision. We would generally aim to do this within 14 days.
This will happen in one of the following ways:
– Mrs Sarah Khan-Bashir will review the decision of the firm
– We will arrange for someone else within the firm who has not been involved in the initial process to review the complaint
– We will ask another firm of solicitors to review your complaint and inform you on how long this process will take
We will then let you know of the outcome of the review within 14 days of the end of the review of the complaint.
We will write to you confirming our final position regarding your complaint and explain to you our reasons which we based our decision on.
If following an investigation the matter has not been resolved, you will be given appropriate information about the other avenues available to you including the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ (Tel: 0300 555 0333). Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman about our service must be made within six months from the end of the work we did for you or from the date of finding out there was a problem. The solicitors’ code of conduct is available in English on www.sra.org.uk.