How to Start Your Own Will
Your Last Will & Testament (Will) is one of the most important legal documents you will make in your life. But so many of us feel uncomfortable talking about them or writing one. During the Coronavirus pandemic, we’ve received calls from people worried about the future and wanting to take care of their loved ones. So we’ve created a series of free guides which we hope can help you at this time.
Every situation is different and these guides are not intended as legal advice. If you have any questions or need any further information, book your free 30 minute call with our legal team on 01274 727373.
- Question & Answer – Wills & COVID-19 (including how to have your Will witnessed during lockdown)
- Overview – a one minute guide to the information you need to prepare a Will
- Will Instruction Form – our free template recording your wishes
Not sure whether you want to write a Will yet?
- As a first step, we recommend discussing your wishes with a loved one.
- You can use our free template (Will Instruction Form) to understand what information is used to write a Will.
- You can choose to complete the Will Instruction Form at home. However, please note this will not be a legally valid Will – but can guide your loved ones in the event something happened to you.
- If you would like to draft a legally valid Will, please contact our office on 01274 727373. A legal Will needs to be witnessed by two people (not your family members). Our legal team can arrange to draft and legally witness your Will from a safe distance at your home.